Michelle Rockliff is a partner of Rockliffs. She commenced employment at Rockliffs in January 1992 as a law clerk whilst studying part time law. Michelle had previously worked as a legal receptionist in a small practice in Manly.
Michelle finished studying in 1995 and after travelling around Europe, was admitted as a solicitor in 1996. Michelle became a partner in July 2000. Michelle has experience in the following areas:-
- Specific expertise in Insurance Law – acting for insurers in public liability claims, professional indemnity matters and the prosecution of subrogated recovery actions. Advising with respect to indemnity issues, including contract construction and the Insurance Contracts Act 1984;
- Insurance and general litigation – acting for individuals, small businesses, companies and insurers in the prosecution and defence of commercial orientated disputes in a wide range of jurisdictions including the Supreme, District and Local Courts;
- Debt recovery – acting for individuals and corporations, assisting recovery of debts both large and small. Michelle can also assist with any bankruptcy and insolvency law queries; and
- Wills, estate planning and probate – providing assistance in drafting Wills both simple and complex, including incorporating testamentary trusts. Michelle also has extensive experience in obtaining probate, letters of administration and administering trusts.
- Family provision claims – acting on behalf of executors and plaintiffs seeking provision from an Estate.
- Property law – including both residential and commercial property transactions and leases.
- Commercial law – including both purchase and sale of businesses.
Outside work Michelle enjoys skiing, tennis, swimming and enjoying time with her adorable children, Annabella and Max.