Buying or selling a business or company, whether a large franchise or a small business, can be a complex process for both parties which often involves many aspects to consider. These include the transfer of business assets or a leased premises, the negotiation of warranties and key management employee contracts, the raising of finance, and any restraints on competition, to name only a few.
There are many other legal considerations and principles involved when selling a business, and it’s important that you receive legal advice before you commit to buy or sell a business.
This can also include preparing the business to be sold and negotiating the sale of your business. Your financial records should be accurate, insurance up to date, legal documents and contracts should be effective and up-to-date. For more information, read our FAQ’s when buying or selling a business.
How can we help?
We understand that successful commercial property transactions are often dependent on the quality and speed of commercial negotiations, document preparation and execution by the relevant parties; and our team of lawyers will quickly assess and address these issues so that the transaction can be completed in a speedy and efficient manner.
Ranging from the Sales or Purchase of Shares in private Company to Corporate Mergers and Acquisitions, our team of business and commercial lawyers, as well as our IP and tax consultants will also ensure that each transaction is completed in a commercially efficient and timely way.
Examples of recent transactions:
- Acting on the sale of two Sydney CBD based accountancy practices;
- Acting for parties to joint ventures and partnerships in property developments and other commercial activities;
- Acting on the takeover of a large manufacturing company and related entities;
- Acting on the purchase of small and large businesses including florist shops, printing businesses, software business etc.
- Preparing a Share Sale Agreement for the Sale of a development company which owned a development site.
If you need help with buying or selling a business, or corporate mergers and acquisitions, contact Rockliffs Lawyers today.