At Rockliffs Solicitors in Sydney, we understand that every matter and dispute is unique, each with its own considerations and facts that need to be properly identified and assessed to provide proper and effective legal advice to our clients. Our extensive experience in representing companies or individuals in building and construction disputes allows us to provide you with a practical and tailored resolution to your building and construction dispute.
Over the years we have dealt with all forms of building and construction disputes ranging from quantum meruit claims for works where there is no contract to breach of contract claims in the Supreme Court.
Whether you are a first-home buyer and having a dispute with your builder for defective building work or a sub-contractor that is trying to recover money from a builder, we can advise you and represent you when you need it most.
We understand that these disputes can be stressful to all parties involved and we aim to facilitate the process for you to allow you to focus on your business and cash flow.
How can we help?
Some of the ways in which we can assist you in your building and construction dispute include:
- Assist in a timely and cost-effective resolution of your building dispute;
- Provide a second opinion on a building dispute and obtain advice on the liability of a builder, contractor or professional;
- Represent you in all Courts and tribunals involving building and construction disputes;
- Advising you on Security for Payments Act claims;
- Representing builders in disciplinary matters;
- Exploring alternative dispute resolution processes that may be available to your dispute;
- Retaining experts to provide adequate reports for your building dispute.
Some of the disputes we have assisted our client with include:
- Bringing a claim for quantum meruit in the Supreme Court ranging from $350,000 to $1.5m;
- Defending a claim in negligence in the Supreme Court against a Civil Engineer for $1.5m;
- Investigation into possible claims arising out of a building construction project including possible negligent valuations, inappropriate delay claims, possible underselling of property subsequent to the financier foreclosing on a loan;
- Advising on various NSW Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act 1999 claims;
- Negotiated a $8.5m combined retail and residential construction project;
- Managed a geotechnical investigation in relation to a third party designer, builder and local council authorities for possible negligent acts or omissions in relation to a landslide which resulted in property damage;
- Claims for unpaid monies for goods and services arising out of a building contract which was partly oral and partly written, in relation to commercial premises.
If you are having a building and construction dispute or you can foresee that you might have one in future, it’s important to act fast. We invite you to contact the Rockliffs Lawyers for a confidential discussion on your dispute to see how we can assist you!