Corporate and M&A
Rockliffs can advise and assist you in relation to all aspects of Franchise Agreements including:
- setting up a franchise;
- buying a franchise;
- selling a franchise;
- terminating a franchise agreement.
Rockliffs areas of expertise include:
- drafting franchise agreements, leasing documentation, service agreements, and employment agreements;
- advising clients on any regulatory compliance issues, compliance with dispute resolution procedures, and potential mediation and litigation proceedings (including advising clients in relation to potential disputes between franchisors and franchisees);
- advising clients on the commercial issues in relation to setting up a franchise, including intellectual property law issues, (including trademark, domain name and internet market issues).
Buying a franchise usually means a significant financial investment and therefore it is important to have all the relevant facts and legal advice before you enter into a franchise agreement, particularly following the introduction of comprehensive amendments to the Franchising Code of Conduct (refer to the article below titled "Franchising Update". )
At Rockliffs we have assisted both franchisor and franchisee clients.
Available Articles for Franchise Agreements
- Thinking of becoming a franchisor?
- Due Diligence - Buying a franchise or other business?
- Buying a Franchise and the New Legal Requirements - What you Need to Know